I’m feeling really positive at the moment!

Last week I heard back from the Anthony Nolan Trust to say that the patient is doing a lot better so we’ve rescheduled for the last week of November.

I went for another blood test on Friday, as haematology is only valid for 30 days. If it had been delayed for much longer I would have needed further blood tests, and eventually the other tests I’ve already gone through. I think the theory is that my immediate health is more likely to change than my developing a chronic heart, chest or blood disease.


I’m starting to get quite excited about things now. I won’t lie that it would have been helpful to have had the procedure on it’s original date last month; but these things happen and I’m looking forward to helping someone. As always I have my fingers crossed that the patient remains in good health between now and the transplant.

Leave a Reply