Its only three weeks until this years Relay For Life in aid of Cancer Research UK in Harrow on Saturday 7th September. As such we are please to announce this years events program, we have tried hard to put together a mixed program that everyone will enjoy.
Were busy getting things sorted for the 2013 event, and to make the event bigger and better were looking for even more team! So we thought we would let you in on a sneaky peak of our 2013 leaflets – if you know anyone who might be interested in joining us there is no better time to join than now!
Great news folks: we’re now taking registrations for Relay for Life Harrow 2013!
You gave us very clear feedback last year that the registration process needed changing last year; and I’m pleased to tell you that feedback has been heard. Therefore the following changes have been made:
- A simple new link to the website has been established: CRUK.org/relay
- Survivors can register as team members or team captains for free (previously had to pay).
- Child registration is now for under 17s, and is completely free. This will mean that a complete family can take part for the cost of just the parents. All children taking part must still be registered for security and insurance reasons, for catering, and to receive a T-shirt.
- Gift Aid and Offline donations will be shown clearly at all levels.
- The exciting new CRUK branding is now live.
- Prior team and team-member fast-track reactivation makes returning participant entrance quick and simple. The website will also remember your email contacts and previous communications with donors and team.
- New T-shirt opt-out, for if you’re happy to wear your 2012 T-shirt. This helps to help keep costs down and keeps the clutter out of your wardrobe.
Don’t forget you can also “Like” us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Relay is an event that relies on word-of-mouth, so a “retweet” or “share” could attract new teams or new investment so please do consider it. You can also subscribe to updates on our website at www.rfl-harrow.org.uk
So the plan for the day is shaping up as follows…
12.30pm – Event opens to the public
12.35pm – Team Zumba warm-up led by Louise Keyes
12.45pm – Relay Opening with Nick Hurd MP and Mayor of Harrow Nizam Ishmail
1.00pm – Survivor Lap of Honour and Parade of Banners
1.20pm – Line-dancing led by 1st Steps
2.00pm – Novelty lap: “Jubilee” theme
2.15pm – KLOS Musical Theater
3.00pm – Novelty lap: Space-hopper race
3.15pm – Charlotte Peters and Jonathan Bullock
4.00pm – Novelty lap: “Check Your Bits” theme
4.15pm – Phoenix Concert Band
5.00pm – Novelty lap: “Olympic” theme
5.15pm – Disney Raffle Draw (1st Prize Four Adult One Day – Disney Theme Park passes valid around the world)
6.00pm – Team competition: 3-legged football
7.00pm – Team barbeques, accompanied by Stephen Melzack
9.00pm – Candle of Hope Ceremony followed by Contemplation Lap
10.15pm – Site closed except for team members
During the Relay weekend on Saturday 8th September we will be having a Family Fun Day at the Bannister Centre (HA3 6SW) Harrow, and although the complete program is not yet finalised the following are confirmed:
- Survivor Lap of Honor
- Phoenix Concert Band
- Klos Musical Theatre
- Steam train rides
- Bouncy Castle
- Fete stalls
- Food and drink
- Kiddie Go-Karts
- Charlotte Peters
- Novelty laps
- Healthy living fun
- Candle of Hope Ceremony
We will be releasing the full program closer to the time, including event timings, so get the date in your diary now!!
We have just got back from the Race For Life event at Hillingdon. It was a great event and the weather kept dry for the runners. It was really kind of them to allow us to explain Relay to the crowd. We are always on the look out for new teams, walkers or volunteers so lets hope that this spurs on some more interest.
Pranasha 1 held a ladies night on the 8th of June 2012. Good food and live entertainment was enjoyed by all and a sum of £582 was raised.
It was great to have so much support, raising money for a great cause thank you all.